Just Arrived: New Maybach Guitars
We've been long standing fans of Maybach Guitars here are The North American Guitar, so when three new instruments arrived at our UK Showroom we knew that we had every reason to be excited before opening up the boxes and seeing what they had in store for us.
To further our excitement two of the models were entirely new to us in the Lester Jr Double Cut Special and Keith iteration of their wonderful Teleman model, alongside another superb example of their S-61 Stradovari, this time in a charming Caddy Blue Aged finish.
All three guitars were an absolute joy to play, with distinctive personalities and a consistently inspiring tones and feel. Of the three guitars, the Jr was certainly the most lively of the bunch, with the Amber P90 pickups pushing the amp into it's saturated sweet spot and encouraging the player to really dig in. The subtlety of the S-61 made it a dynamically satisfying and crisp affair with chiming cleans and throaty drive tones and the Keith had a huge range on tap with the combination of a single coil and humbucking pickup that saw spanky cleans through to raunchy overdrive!
Find out more about these fantastic instruments below;
The Maybach Lester Jr Doublecut Special is a truly versatile workhorse instrument, that sounds as good as it looks!
Based on the Doublecut Jr models of the 50s and 60s, this gorgeous guitar from Maybach sports a solid set neck construction, stellar playability and a truly inspiring set of vintage voiced, hand wound P-90s from Amber.
The aged finish and hardware lend themselves to the iconic rock'n'roll nature of the Jr, with a subtle and tasteful touch that makes the guitar feel instantaneously familiar and classic under the fretting hand as well as responsive and lively under the right.
Guitar Magazine got their hands on one earlier this year, and it came back with a fantastic 9/10 review, read that here.
- STYLE: Solidbody double-cutaway electric guitar
- BUILD: Two-piece mahogany body, set mahogany neck, 12″ radius rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium-jumbo frets
- HARDWARE: Aged Gotoh SD90 vintage-style tuners, six-saddle wrapover bridge
- ELECTRICS: 2x Amber P-90 pickups, 2x volume, 2x tone, 3-way toggle pickup-selector switch
- SCALE LENGTH: 24.75″/628mm
- NECK WIDTH: 42.8mm at nut, 52.6mm at 12th fret
- NECK DEPTH: 22.5mm at first fret, 24.4mm at 12th fret
- STRING SPACING: 34.5mm at nut, 51.7mm at bridge
- WEIGHT: 3.34kg/7.38lb
- FINISH: Aged nitrocellulose.
- Shape: S-Type, Swamp Ash Body
- Neck: Maple
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Mechanics: Gotoh sds-510
- Pickups: Amber '61 Special
- Controls: 1 Volume, 2 Tone, 1 Toggle
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Finish, Caddy Blue
- Case: Maybach Deluxe Case
- Shape: T-Type
- Body: Sugar Pine
- Neck: Maple
- Mechanics: Gotoh SDS-510
- Pickups: Amber Single Coil and PAF Pickup
- Controls: 1 Volume, 1 Tone, 1 Toggle
- Finish: NC Finish, Butterscotch
- Other: Incl. Maybach Case
For more information on any of these wonderful instruments from Maybach Guitars, don't hesitate to email in at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0207 835 5597.