This stunning instrument is renowned Custom Shop, Suhr Guitar's take on one of the most iconic and familiar silhouettes in the history of the electric guitar.
Built in Alder for the body, matched with a lovely Roasted Maple neck for tour-ready stability and consistency topped with an Indian Rosewood fretboard, the makeup of the instrument fits the vintage blueprint.
As always, where Suhr set themselves apart is all in the subtle details and thoughtful ergonomics of the guitar. The fretboard sports a compound radius for optimal playability all the way through, an extra carve appears on the rear of the lower horn and with 22 frets and Locking Tuners, the blend of tuning stability and accessibility while remaining distinctly vintage in feel is something to marvel it indeed.
The set of Michael Landau single coil pickups combine balanced and tight lows with a focused midrange and smooth, clear highs that are designed to accommodate modern string gauges and a flatter radius with their staggered poles. In this Classic S that means a wide tonal palette that works wonders with a variety of amps and tones.
The guitar is in fantastic condition, being a relic finish of course, and comes in its original case.
- Body Shape: Classic
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: Nitro-cellulose Lacquer
- Aging Level: Light - Includes Checking & Light Dings
- Pickguard: Parchment 3-Ply
- Neck Wood: Roasted Maple
- Fingerboard Wood: Indian Rosewood or Tinted Maple
- Neck Back Shape: 60's C Vintage Medium .830" - .950"
- Fingerboard Radius: 9"-12" Compound
- Frets: Medium Stainless Steel (.055"x.090")
- Nut: 1.650" Tusq
- Neck Finish: Nitro-cellulose Lacquer
- Aging Level: Light
- Pickups: Michael Landau Set
- Tuning Machines: Suhr Locking
- Bridge: Gotoh 510 with steel block
- Color: Chrome
- Case: Deluxe Gig Bag