This stunning instrument is the latest of Don MacRostie's seven oval hole A mandolins, and it packs a punch!
Made up out of gorgeous Carved Flame Red Maple for the back and sides with a Carved Adirondack Spruce top, this gorgeous mandolin sounds as classic and vintage as it looks while providing exceptional modern playability.
Sonically, it perfectly inhabits the voice and response of the original vintage instruments that inspired it, with plenty of headroom and clarity while certainly not lacking in punch and depth.
This stellar mandolin is in superb condition and comes in its original hardcase.
- Back and Sides: Carved Flame Red Maple
- Top: Carved Adirondack Spruce
- Neck: Maple
- Bracing: x-bracing
- Binding: Ivoroid binding on the body, fretboard, and peghead
- Hole: Oval hole with two rings of rope binding with Ivoroid center ring
- Fretboard: compound-radiused Ebony fretboard with pearl dot inlay
- Nut Width: 1-1/8"
- Headstock: Snakehead-style peghead with Ebony overlay and abalone inlay
- Tuners: gold-plated Schaller with pearl buttons
- Bridge: Ebony adjustable bridge with gold thumbscrews
- Original Hardshell Case