This gorgeous little Åstrand Å-O in Madagascan Rosewood and Italian Alpine spruce is a wonderful example of the fine workmanship of one of our favourite Swedish luthiers, and it has found its way to us in lovely condition.
The Å-O is Åstrand's smallest guitar, yet despite this it carries a great deal of the sonic heft and responsiveness characteristic of much larger guitars.
This is in part due to the 13th fret neck join, which places the bridge of the guitar right in the "sweet spot" of the top and making for an incredibly lively soundboard with beautiful clarity and projection.
Also factoring in of course are the stunning choices of premium tonewoods that make up this spritely canon of a parlour.
The combination of Madagascan Rosewood and Italian Alpine Spruce is a timeless recipe that makes for a very balanced and warm tone, and matched with the playability and comfort of the Ebony boarded Mahogany neck this guitar is an absolute joy to play.
The guitar comes with a fitted Hardcase.
- Top: Italian alpine spruce
- Back & sides: Madagascan Rosewood
- Rosette: Madagascan Rosewood and B/W purfing
- Binding and end graft: Ebony
- Top braces: Swiss alpine ”moon” spruce
- Back braces: Swiss alpine ”moon” spruce
- Neck: Mahogany, graphite reinforced
- Headcap veneer: Madagascar Rosewood
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Bridge pins: Ebony
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Truss rod: Double action
- Tuners: Waverly with ebony knobs
- Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Length: 476 mm
- Lower bout: 350 mm
- Upper bout: 245 mm
- Waist: 196 mm
- Neck joint: 13th fret
- Nut width: 1 3⁄4 ”
- Bridge string spacing: 2 1⁄4 ”
- Fretboard radius: 16 ”
- Scale length: 25”