This stunning Bourgeois Large Soundhole OM in Madagascar Rosewood and Torrified Adirondack Spruce is a wonderful example of Dana Bourgeois' approach to lutherie, in taking an iconic foundation and building up from it with the very best materials, techniques and methods of both the past and present.
The identity of this instrument begins with its traditional OM body shape, spec'd out with a lovely set of Madagascar Rosewood for the back and sides and Torrified Adirondack Spruce for the top.
The Torrefied nature of the top gives the guitar a very open and 'vintage' tonality right out of the case, as well as adding a wonderful warm patina to the instrument.
The Large Soundhole design makes for a very crisp and clear tone that the guitar positively launches out when played with a flatpick, while being very responsive to fingerstyle playing and certainly not lacking in low end frequencies.
The guitar comes with a fitted Hardcase.
- Body Style: Orchestra Model
- Model: Large Soundhole
- Top Wood: Torrefied Adirondack
- Back/Sides: Madagascar Rosewood
- Rosette: Ivoroid / Large Soundhole
- Backstrip: Zipper
- Buttwedge: Ivoroid
- Body Binding: Ebony
- Purfling: Vintage Herringbone with Back
- Neck: Square OM 14 Fret
- Head Veneer: Madagascar RW
- Head Binding: None
- Fretboard: 14 Fret Ebony
- Fretboard: Inlay None
- Fretboard: Binding Ivoroid
- Heelcap: Ivoroid Heelcap
- Tuners: Waverly Relic Nickel Vintage Oval
- Bridge: Ebony Traditional - 2 5/16
- Pins: Ebony With Pearl Dot
- Pickguard: OM / Celluloid Large Soundhole
- Top Color: Natural
- Additional: AT Finish,AT Braces,Large Soundhole,Animal Protein Glue
- Nut Width: 1 3/4”
- Scale Length: 25 1/2”
- Bridge Spacing: 2 5/16
- Upper Bout Width: 11 1/4”
- Waist: 9 1/8”
- Lower Bout Width: 15 1/16”
- Body Length: 19 5/16”
- Total Length: 39 9/16”