It is always a rather humbling day when a client arrives at The North American Guitar showroom with any handcrafted instrument for us to sell on consignment for them, but when a client arrives with one of our hero's (John Renbourn) actual guitar from one of our favourite UK luthier's (Ralph Bown), we stop what we are doing, close the doors and get ready to play some guitar! This Bown parlour has magic inside it and will bring tears to the heart of any man (or woman).
Built in a staggering and rarely figured Indian Rosewood for the back and sides and a snappy Sitka Spruce for the top, it is light comfortable and an absolute joy to play. Originally built for Jim Murray of the Hokum Hotshots.
- Model: Parlour
- Year of Build: 1982
- Top: Sitka
- Back & Sides: Indian Rosewood
- Nut Width: 1 14/16"
- Scale length: 642mm
- Width at Lower bought: 14.2 inches
- Width at Upper bought: 9.7 inches
- Depth at Lower bought: 3.8 inches
- Width at Upper bought: 3.4 inches
- Ashworth Bridge Pick-up
- Original hard shell case included