This gorgeous, traditional single 0 from Collings is built with all mahogany construction and sports subtle, elegant detailing throughout.
Dutifully unassuming, this intimate small bodied steel string offers a loud and balanced voice that feels much more than the sum of its parts. The initial attack is clear and punchy, with a charming sustain and warmth as each note decays, with crystal clear separation between each voice.
The Mahogany itself is understated and stunning, providing a contrasting canvas for the neat lines and Cowboy Rope style purfling that outlines the instrument as well as a versatile and inspiring platform for a diverse range of playing styles.
The playability is everything you would expect from a Collings, smooth and silky all the way through to the upper registers of the fretboard and full bodied top to bottom with fantastic intonation and dynamic response.
The guitar has had a superb Fishman Matrix pickup system installed, and right out of the case is rearing and ready to go for anything from open mics to stadiums!
- Mahogany top
- Mahogany back & sides
- Animal protein glue
- Custom maple and rosewood strip rosette
- Black top/back body binding
- Custom Cowboy Rope purlfing with 1-style walnut backstrip
- Custom Traditional Series pre-war scalloped bracing
- No tongue brace
- Tortoise celluloid pickguard
- Extra thin high gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck
- Square headstock with no volute
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid gold pearl Collings logo
- Ebony fingerboard with ebony belly-style bridge
- Mortise and tenon hybrid neck joint
- 20 Frets, neck joins the body at the 14th fret
- Traditional neck profile with 2 5/16" string spacing
- 14"-26" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 3/4" bone nut and cutthrough saddle
- 25" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Tortoise bridge pins and end pin
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Collings handmade Traditional hardshell case