Built by the late Hank Mauel, this beautiful custom 000-12 fret cutaway is made for the fingerstyle player.
With a wide 1-7/8" nut with and responsive Redwood top, this guitar is warm and rich, with a punchiness that makes the notes seem to leap from the sound hole. There's plenty volume and power too, and the guitar responds immediately to the lightest touch.
It's an excellent instrument for the fingerstyle player or singer-songwriter. The guitar is in near mint condition with original hardshell case. (No end pin, no end pin hole in this instrument)
- Built: 2004
- Top: Redwood
- Back and Sides: Highly figured Bastogne Walnut
- Rosette: Multi-ply wood and Abalone
- Body Binding: Red-stained Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany with red-stained center
- Fretboard Wood: Ebony with small dot inlay
- Head Veneer: Walnut (Slotted peghead)
- Fretboard Binding: Red-stained Mahogany
- Tuners: Matte finish gold Gotoh Open back with Ebony buttons
- Bridge: Ebony modified Belly
- Pins: Ebony with abalone pearl inlay
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Nut: Bone
- Pickguard: Clear
- Nut Width: 1-7/8"
- Scale Length: 25.5"