This stunning Custom Elko from father and son duo Chris and Jeremy Jenkins, aka Lame Horse Instruments, was built out in their Texas workshop in 2017 and features a magnificent set of Figured Sinker Honduran Mahogany for the back and sides paired with a gorgeous Engelmann Spruce top. We're told Chris claims this is the finest set of tonewood he's ever worked with in a guitar, and that this set of wood was underwater in Belize for 100+ years.
We are huge fans of the remarkable tonal qualities of these fine instruments, but straight away with this custom build, the detailing in Wyoming Red Jasper and Turquoise that adorn and elevate the visual aspects of the guitar really are exquisite and awe-inspiring enough to steal your attention before you sit down with it to play.
With the Figured Sinker Honduran Mahogany and Engelmann Spruce combination, this guitar has a fast a lively response, with the 12-fret join and classical body size lending to an intimate and involved playing experience with heaps of projection and wonderful playability.
- Top: Engelmann Spruce
- Back and Sides: Figured Sinker Honduran Mahogany
- Rosette: Wyoming Red Jasper and Turquoise
- Body Binding: Macassar Ebony
- Turquoise top and back purfling
- Neck: 11piece Honduran Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Headstock Veneer: Figured Honduran Mahogany (front); Figured Maple (back)
- Fretboard Binding: Ebony
- Tuners: Grover butterbean-style
- Bridge: Indian Rosewood bridge
- Pins: Ebony with pearl dots and brass rings
- Saddle: Compensated Corian
- Nut: Bone
- Pickguard: None
- B-Band pickup installed
- 14.5" lower bout
- Nut Width: 1-3/4"
- Scale Length: 25.5"