Built in 2010, this lovely Martin D-21 Special is the epitome of a versatile workhorse acoustic.
With its lightly built top, forward-shifted, scalloped X bracing and 2-5/16" saddle spacing it's a real canon for flat picking with gorgeous, fat trebles and a balanced response across its vast dynamic range.
Tonally the guitar is quintessential Martin, with great clarity and a very present feel regardless of playing style. The spacing also makes for an inspiring and comfortable instrument for fingerstyle playing and handles alternate tunings wonderfully.
The playability is smooth and inspiring with those fat trebles staying strong all the way into the higher registers of the instrument.
The guitar is in great condition with its original hardshell case.
- Top: Sitka Spruce w/ Ageing Toner
- Back & Sides: East Indian Rosewood
- Rosette: Style 21 Herringbone
- Body Binding: Rosewood
- Neck: Spanish Cedar, Matte Finish
- Fretboard: Ebony w/ Abalone Inlays
- Head Veneer: East Indian Rosewood
- Fretboard Binding: None
- Tuners: Open Back Gotoh (Martin Branded) Vintage Style
- Bridge: Ebony Pyramid
- Pins: Ebony w/ Ivoroid Dots
- Saddle: Compensated Bone, Drop-In
- Nut: Bone
- Pickguard: Tortoise Colour Delrin
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Scale Length: 25.4"